GCE Results 2021 Released – O/A Level Complete
You can learn more about this app and/or download it from here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netkipedia.gceresults
A communiqué on GCE Results 2021 Released – O/A Level Complete has been made available to the general public. Over 170, 000 candidates sat in for the GCE nationwide and the results show the number of successful candidates surpasses those who failed to obtain the minimum required pass grades.
GCE Results 2021
- Press Communiqué Releasing the 2020 Examinations Results Organized by the GCE Board
The Registrar of the GCE Board is satisfied to illuminate the overall population and particularly candidates of the 2020 Examinations coordinated by the Board. On October 2nd 2020, the Board delivered aftereffects of the 2020 GCE Board Certificate Examinations. Candidates will want to confirm their results at the establishments where they enrolled for the assessment. Likewise, the Results will be read over the national radio station. Candidates will want to acquire their result slips a few days after the release of results from their enrollment centers.
Results have been distributed for the Examinations listed below:
- GCE Advanced Level.
- GCE Ordinary Level.
- Specialized and Vocational Education Advanced Level
- Specialized and Vocational Education Intermediate Level
This Press communiqué will convey the data below:
- the general exhibition of candidates in the 2021 assessments,
- significant features of the results,
- future viewpoints for the improvement of assessments coordinated by the Board,
- a note of appreciation to all supervisors and colleagues,
- the detailed candidate results.
At both the ordinary and advanced levels, rules exist that govern the GCE as presented below.
- GCE Results 2021 Released O Level Complete – About the GCE O Level
The GCE Ordinary Level is one of the units under the Division of the GCE Examination. The Division of Examination is headed by a Deputy Registrar accountable for Examinations while the customary Level unit is headed by an Examination Officer. This unit has its obligations and rights which incorporate;
- Readiness and circulation of Registration Materials.
- Gathering and preparing enlistment structures from enrollment focuses.
- Balance of crude test things.
- Management of the Proofreading exercise.
- Costing and planning of reasonable archives.
- Production of Registration and Accommodation focuses.
- Management and observing of viable and composed assessments.
- Management of checking secretariats and stamping appropriate.
- Subjects for GCE 2021 O Level Complete
The Ordinary Level assessment is made of Twenty-One (21) subjects as displayed beneath;
|SN||SUBJECT CODE||SUBJECT NAME|
|7||0535||Literature in English|
|8||0540||Food and Nutrition|
|10||0546||Special Bilingual Education French|
Three of these 21 subjects are mandatory candidates. In other words, nineteen subjects at the Ordinary Level are two paper subjects while Food and Nutrition, Special Bilingual Education French, and Computer Science have three papers.
Every one of these subjects has its particulars concerning the number of set questions per paper, the number of questions to be addressed per paper and the scores and weightings are additionally unique. Note that all paper ones are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) comprised of fifty inquiries and candidates are required to address every one of the fifty inquiries.
These subjects likewise have subject specialists who are truly proficient in the different orders.
- Registration process GCE O Level 2021
Months before the start of the exams, candidates approach their host institutions or registration centers to enroll themselves for the examination. The registration process includes the following;
- Registration fee – 8000frs
- Fee per subject – 1000frs
- Fee per practical – 5000frs
- Franking fee of form G3 – 1000frs
For an individual to go in for the Ordinary Level Examination, he/she must have obtained knowledge from the five-year education program at the Secondary School level. He / She is permitted to go in for a minimum of four Ordinary Level Subjects and at most eleven subjects. However, the eleventh subject should be Religious Studies.
One more significant condition for enrollment at the Ordinary Level is that the 6 subjects should incorporate English Language, French, and Mathematics. This suggests that English Language, French, and Mathematics are mandatory subjects at the Ordinary Level. Notwithstanding, candidates can likewise go in for single subjects.
The above fees are applicable presently at the GCE Board.
- Conditions for sitting in for GCE O Level
All applicants for Ordinary Level assessments will offer no less than six subjects which should incorporate the accompanying: English Language, French, Mathematics. Notwithstanding, applicants who as of now have a pass in somewhere around four Ordinary Level subjects or other equivalent qualifications may enter for extra single subjects. Candidates may enter for all things considered eleven subjects at the Ordinary Level if they want to incorporate Religious Studies. Rehash applicants should enter for obligatory subjects, except if they show verification that they as of now have a pass in the subjects. Copies of Results Slips and Certificates should be joined upon enlistment.
- GCE Results 2021 Released A Level Complete – About the GCE A Level
The GCE Advanced Level unit is one of the units under the Division of Examination. The Division of Examination is headed by a Deputy Registrar responsible for Examinations while the Advanced Level unit is headed by an Examination Officer. This unit has its obligations and rights which incorporate;
- Readiness and dissemination of Registration Materials.
- Gathering and preparing enlistment structures from enrollment.
- Balance of crude test things.
- Management of the Proof understanding activity.
- Costing and readiness of pragmatic reports.
- Production of Registration and Accommodation focuses.
- Management and observing of pragmatic and composed assessments.
- Management of checking secretariats and stamping legitimate.
- Subjects for GCE 2021 O/A Level 2021
The Advanced Level assessment is made of Twenty-One (20) subjects specifically;
|SN||SUBJECT CODE||SUBJECT NAME|
|6||0735||Literature in English|
|7||0740||Food Science and Nutrition|
|9||0746||Special Bilingual Education French|
|SN||SUBJECT CODE||SUBJECT NAME|
|13||0765||Pure Mathematics With Mechanics|
|14||0770||Pure Mathematics With Statistics|
|20||0796||Information and Communication Technology|
The GCE 2021 took place amid the COVID-19 pandemic that has been waited on for a very long time at this point. To keep the infection under control, the school administrations introduced handwashing stations nearby to guarantee that candidates and examination personnel consistently wash their hands. It was equally requested of all candidates to put on their face protection or face masks before getting into the examination rooms.
On the day the examination began, GCE candidates sat in for Economics papers 1 and 2 for both the Ordinary and Advanced Levels. This was followed by Geography papers 1 and 2 for Advanced Level candidates. GCE Results 2021
- Conditions for sitting in for GCE A Level 2021
All candidates who desire to register and sit in for the A level exams in Cameroon must have successfully passed the O Level with at least 4 papers. For subjects that exist both at the ordinary and advanced level, a passing grade is required at the lower level to sit in for the same subject at the higher level.
- GCE 2021 O/A Level 2021 Examination Centers
As of 6 am, all candidates were expected at their respective centers where the exam was set to start at 8 am prompt. From 8 am to 1 pm, the morning session unfolded while the evening session ran from 1 pm to 5 pm. Visits were paid to a few schools as at the Government Bilingual High School Nkoleton. There, 600 candidates sat in for both the Ordinary and Advanced Level; 489 at the Ordinary and about 111 candidates at the Advanced Level.
The Minister of Secondary Education, Dr. Pauline Nalova Lyonga visited some examination centers on the first day to evaluate the unfolding of the exams and the behavior of candidates. After her visit, she said the candidates had the exam styles impregnated in them thus portraying a serene atmosphere for the diverse papers.
“They all began simultaneously and will complete simultaneously. You could see that before we came, they were completely seated in their halls and all prepared to start. They all had water to wash their hands and nose masks for their protection “. The Minister said.
Head of Centers and Candidates were called to stay alert on the examination schedule before the start of each paper as a means to avoid conflicts.
- Background history of the GCE board
After the Cameroonisation of the London GCE in 1977, things went on easily until 1984. From 1984 onwards, the GCE started encountering inconsistencies as some London authorities started pulling out. Starting from 1990, when the University of London Examination and Assessment Council pulled out totally from the job it had played so far on the Cameroon GCE, the inconsistencies turned out to be considered disturbing. A few of these inconsistencies included,
- The usage of GCE questions saved for future meetings for Entrance Examinations into ENS in 1990,
- Change of the organization of the GCE question papers in 1991 without earlier notification to potential candidates,
- Wreckless printing,
- Wrong pagination,
- Wrong spellings,
- Deficiency of inquiry papers and materials,
- Late appearance of inquiry papers and the delay of certain papers,
- Wrong directions on question papers and assessment spillages.
In light of this mainstream interest, the Prime Minister of the Republic marked a request (Nº: 194/CAB/PM of eleventh September 1992) making a Technical Committee complete investigations and make proposals on the association and working of the GCE Examination Board. From its date of creation, the GCE board has evolved as presented in the steps below;
- The University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate
As far back as 1944, most secondary schools in Nigeria and the then Southern Cameroons took the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate (UCLES) as their last assessment. This Cambridge school Examination was a gathering Certificate Examination. The assessment was taken at three levels. Junior Cambridge was taken in level four, and Senior Cambridge was taken in level six. Upper Sixth understudies composed the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examination.
- The West African School Certificate Examination
In 1954, Southern Cameroons pulled out from the Cambridge Examination Board to take the West African School Certificate assessment, which had been made in 1951. This was the case until the re-unification in 1961 of Southern Cameroons with East Cameroon.
- University of London GCE Examination
After the reunification of Southern Cameroons with East Cameroon, West Cameroon (previous Southern Cameroons) pulled out in 1963 from the West African Certificate Examination to the University of London GCE Examinations. West Cameroonians proceeded with the University of London General Certificate of Education Examination until 1976 when the Cameroon Ministry of National Education assumed control over the lead of the GCE Examinations.
- Moves towards the Cameroonisation of the GCE Examination
The Cameroonisation of the University of London General authentication of Education Examinations had been the pre-control of the Ministry of National Education. Since the reunification of the previous East Cameroon with West Cameroon in 1961, the Ministry of National Education was spurred to this choice by the impassioned need it felt to have an assessment based.
Plausibility reads for the Cameroon GCE levels were together done by the British and Cameroonian specialists. The milestone was the gathering of two assignments in Yaounde from fifth to sixth January 1976 in which the fundamental highlights of the assessment were characterized. These included name, association, targets of the Ordinary level and Advanced level subjects, number of meetings each year, kinds of inquiries, checking, reviewing, safety efforts, and so forth. On 24th November 1976, the President marked Decree Nº 76/555 initiating the General Certificate of Education Examination in Cameroon. A speculative program for the Cameroonisation of the GCE assessment was likewise drawn up, and the principal meeting occurred in June 1977.
Other significant choices and finishes of exceptional note were the British commitment to the creation, association, and execution of the Cameroon GCE assessment. It concurred that extraordinary three-sided contact courses of action be set up among the three specialists included: The Department of assessments, Senate House, University of London, and the British Government.
Such plans were a recall to help for the accompanying regions: drafting of prospectuses, balance, the stockpile of specialists and outer analysts, and the preparation of Cameroonian workforce.
At last, it concurred that subject to the upkeep of fitting norms, the University of London would be needed to do all that it could to guarantee the wide-scale acknowledgment of the Cameroon GCE assessment results and authentications.
On July first, 1993, the President of the Republic marked a Decree Nº:93/172 of first July 1993) establishing the GCE Board. The declaration enabled the Board to put together the General Certificate of Education assessments at the Ordinary and Advanced Levels.
Following the formation of the Board, on July 1st, 1993, the Ministry of National Education set up an Ad Hoc Committee to compose the content of the examination. On October 12, 1993, the Prime Minister marked the Text of Application; Order Nº: 112/CAB/PM to characterize and decide the managerial and monetary association of the Board. This prompted the arrangement of the pioneer Chairman of the Board. The establishment of the Chairman by the Minister of National Education on 25th October 1993 in Buea denoted the beginning stage in the working of the Cameroon GCE Board.
The underlying declaration was altered and finished by two different pronouncements: Nº:97/45 and Nº:91/46 the two of fifth March 1997. These changes augmented the extent of exercises of the Board to remember the association of assessments for English prompting the honor of the Baccalaureat Technique, the Brevet de Technique, the Brevet d’études Professionnelles, and the Brevet Professionnelle Certificates.
The primary chamber of the Board was held on the 19th of November 1993. From that point forward, GCE assessments in Cameroon have been coordinated by the Cameroon GCE Board. The current article on the GCE Results 2021 Released – O/A Level Complete, is as a result of the respect of objectives set by the Board.
- First Sessions of the Board Examination
The Cameroon General Certificate of Education Board coordinated the principal meetings of its assessments as follows:
- For the General Education subjects, in June 1994;
- For the GCE subjects in Technical Education, in June 1995; and
- For the Baccalaureat Technique and other Related Examinations in June 1997.
Since the Cameroonisation of the London GCE, the University of London Board has perceived the grades granted at both the Ordinary Level and Advanced Level as comparable to the grades granted in relating subjects at the London GCE assessment.
- Message from the registrar of the GCE Board – GCE Results 2021
In a message to his collaborators, staff, partners, and government, DANG AKUH Dominic registrar of the GCE board went on as follows:
In the interest of the GCE Board, the Registrar hereby places on record, his appreciation to the accompanying establishments/people whose committed support added to the fruitful association of the June 2020 assessments:
- SEEPD Bamenda for the arrangement of a programmed brailling machine that has throughout the long term enormously worked with crafted by the Board on the brailling of inquiries for candidates with visual impedance.
- All Regional and Divisional Delegates of Secondary Education, Principals of schools, all Superintendents, Invigilators, and Supervisors of Practical Examinations.
- All Assessors, Chief Examiners, Assistant Chief Examiners, Lead Examiners, and Examiners
- Principals of Institutions utilized as Marking Centers: We stretch out our appreciation to all Center Authorities whose establishments were utilized as Marking Centers: PCSS Buea, GTHS Buea, BHS Buea, GHS Bokwaongo-Buea, BGS Molyko, GBHS Limbe, and GHS Limbe. GCE Results 2021
- The staff of the GCE Board for their undiluted soul of uprightness, assiduity, and faithfulness.
- CANDIDATES: The Board stretches out its good congrats to every effective applicant and particularly to their chiefs, educators, guardians, and sheets of lead representatives. It encourages all fruitful possibilities to draw out the best from their efforts and study more diligently for the 2021 assessments.
In all, it was with great esteem that the board expressed its appreciation to the government. The financial allocations for the year 2020 handed over to the board came in handy for the accomplishment of our missions. GCE Results 2021
The GCE board, an educational body for English-speaking Cameroon has a long lane history which we bring to you.