How to recover lost Cameroon GCE O/A level certificate
The Cameroon General Certificate of Education (GCE) certificate is an important document of authentication for students who have sat and passed one of the following examinations; The General Certificate of Education Examination Ordinary Level, The General Certificate of Education Examination Advanced Level, The Technical and Vocational Education Examination Intermediate Level, The Technical and Vocational Education Examination Advanced, The Professional Certificate Examination. The certificates are made available to candidates at most one year after the proclamation of the results, they are essential (necessary) for continuity to schools of Higher learning in and out of the country and are important components of the Curriculum Vitae (in Job seeking). Increasingly common undesired circumstances may present and you lose your Certificate and you need to recover it. Continue reading to discover how to recover lost Cameroon GCE O/A level Certificate.
A person is able to recover the certificate only if the person had sat and passed at least one session of the Cameroon GCE examinations. Note should be taken that subjects failed do not appear on the Certificate i.e. you must have once had a Certificate/Result Slip.
This refers to the documents you have to prepare as an initial step towards the recovery of your certificate.
- Prepare an Attestation of Loss “Loss document” signed by the police or proficient person/body for others (foreigners)
- A handwritten application which has a 1000FCFA fiscal stamp attached to it or it is franked.
- A photocopy of your National Identity Card, Residence Permit of foreigners or an International Passport for people who are abroad and cannot provide a copy of their National Identity Card. Note should be taken that the Residence Permit and/or International Passport should contain basic information on the person as is on the Identity Card.
- A Photocopy of the Birth Certificate.
- A photocopy of the Result Slip of the Certificate or a photocopy of the Certificate itself if available.
- A request form also has to be downloaded, printed and filled. You can get a copy of the form from HERE:
Where to address
An Application for a duplicate/recovery of Result Slip/Certificate shall be addressed to the Registrar Dang Akuh Dominic.
Requesting a duplicate Certificate/Result Slip or Replacement of Certificate/Result Slip is at a cost of 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) FCFA which is nonrefundable and decided (fixed) by Council of the Board.
Where to deposit (gce board offices, location, and contacts)
The request form and other required documents can be deposited at the Cameroon GCE board main Office in Buea. There also exist another office in Bamenda, Commercial Avenue, 02minutes drive from the congress hall.
Main office: The GCE Board main office is located in Molyko-Buea; 10 minutes’ drive from Mile 17 park; opposite Molyko Police Station; Adjacent to Bilingual Grammar School (BGS) Molyko. You can use this map from Google maps to locate the Cameroon GCE Board main office:
P.M.B 10000 Buea, South West Region, Cameroon
Fax/Tel: +237 233 32 21 14
A duplicate or replacement of the Certificate/Result Slip is only issued when the Board has had enough proof of Identity. Then there is a delay of two (02) working days before it can be released. Once the Certificate/result slip is available, you will be notified. This is all that is needed on how to recover lost Cameroon GCE O/A level Certificate.
Also read: Check and Download 2021 GCE results