MTN logo is a business tool first used by MTN Group South Africa and subsequently used by its subsidiaries in countries like Cameroon and Uganda.
For business, a logo like the is an indispensable tool when it comes to branding; it serves as a constant reminder of who you are, what you do, and what your values are. It is a symbol composed of text and an image or a combination of images that best describe the image to be portrayed by the enterprise.
Proper designing is the best way to create a logo that is an ideal visual brand mark for an enterprise or company. Depending on the kind of logo, it usually comprises of a tagline and a symbol. Several features come in place when working on the design of a logo.
Features of a Logo – MTN Logo
The logo design elements given below are just a few out of the list which serves as a guide;
1. Typography: this element is responsible for whatever form a logo obtains at the end. The type of typographic element can vary from a monogram or single letter style to an abbreviation or the full name of the enterprise.
2. Imagery: typography can sometimes be accompanied by icons, symbols, or images. These could be abstract geometric elements or realistic figures. A logo could equally include lines, dots, or punctuations which serve as decorative elements.
3. Color: it is one of the first noticeable elements on a logo and leaves a first impression which could be very determining. Colors used could be monochrome, multicolored, or simply black and white.
4. Context: other than the elements cited so far, every logo is designed by the context in which it is applied. This could be for an online business, a business card, an advertisement, or a storefront.
Role of a logo
There is more to a logo than its color, form, or design in general. Whatever be the context for which it is designed and used, a logo serves several purposes as discussed below.
1. Stands out the business from the competition: perhaps the most basic role of a logo in a business is giving an authentic mark that distinguishes a business from another. Mobile telecom companies each have their logo and from a distance one you see a yellow image, it kicks to your mind that it could be about MTN.
2. It identifies key information about your business: besides demarcating your business from others in the same field, a logo could provide some crucial info regarding your company. It could portray the domain in which you excel, the service provided, the brand values, or the demographic target.
3. A logo is essential for brand growth: a simple sight of the MTN icon logo is a reminder of their presence in the business world. It creates a strong visual relationship with clients helping them keep the image of the brand in mind.
Description of the MTN logo
In a country like Cameroon where MTN services are used, many people identify its service points and agents simply by the yellow color.
· Typography: rectangular
· Color: yellow
· Text: MTN (written in black)
· Context: storefront, advertisement, online image, business cards.
Generally in Cameroon, the following colors represent the major telecommunication operators:
· Yellow – MTN network
· Orange – Orange network
· Red – Nexttel
· Blue and white – Camtel
Also read: MTN Cameroon