MTN Nigeria was created in 2000 as a part of the MTN Group which is the most popular mobile telecommunications operator in Africa. In 2001, the MTN Group acquired licenses in Nigeria which permitted MTN Nigeria adventure into the provision of mobile services in Nigeria. Keep reading to discover the terms of MTN Nigeria Investor Relations.
The company became the 1st GSM operator to make a call in Nigeria on May 16th, 2001 following the Nigerian GSM auction which took place the same year. After that, MTN Nigeria launched its full commercial operations starting with Port Harcourt, Abuja, and Lagos. MTN Nigeria grew steadily in client base from one million in 2003 to 50 million in 2013, reaching a subscriber number of approximately 67 million in 2018 according to NCC.
MTN Nigeria gained access to Unified Access Service License in September 2006, which was the gateway to the provision of a package of telecommunication services including international, fixed, and mobile services amongst others. It obtained a 2GHz spectrum license in 2007 as the starting point for 3G services over the national territory. With over N 864 billion capital invested over the last 7 years, MTN Nigeria has been a prominent actor in the development of telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria.
Commissioned by the former head of state, President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003, MTN Nigeria has a digital transmission backbone that goes over 3 400 km. The company has equally extended its network power to comprise additional numbering ranges thus making it the first GSM network in Nigeria to do so. A major step-up was observed in 2015 when MTN Nigeria got to the point of 4G services nationwide after the acquisition of 100% equity interest in Visafone (Visafone Communications Limited).
Offers by MTN Nigeria for its enterprise and wholesale customers (MTN Nigeria Investor Relations)
- Wholesale and enterprise bundles and plans: these include post-paid tariff bundles and plans. These are meant for customized customer needs.
- Add-on services: here can be found data plans, tariffs, and smart devices that strengthen the Company’s cater and offerings to voice and data demands of its clients
- Fixed connectivity solutions: these include dedicated internet, VPN, IP/MPLS, WiFi, LAN/WAN, and E1-PRI internet solutions.
- Data and Cloud Hosting Solutions: it provides databases, cloud-based infrastructure, and platforms for MTN customers.
- Mobile Advertisement: via this service, some MTN communications channels (SMS, USSD, and notifications, as well as other digital channels) are used as a medium for advertising to close the gap between enterprises and their customers. This is made possible via user (strategic) analytics. The channels have equally been incorporated into a self-service platform for flexibility and easy access to campaign management by media enterprises, SMEs, and corporates.
Furthermore, MTN Nigeria has units solely dedicated to business solutions; they work in close collaboration with its key enterprise clients and act as communications consultants for MTN Nigeria’s corporate and SME clients. The services offered by MTN Nigeria are aimed at widening market access, ameliorate productivity, promote operation efficiency, and provide consistency in the quality delivery of its services.
MTN Nigeria’s commercial success is closely linked with MTN Nigeria investor relations which is dependent on MTN Nigeria’s to deliver consistent and high-quality mobile data, digital, and voice services to its clients at affordable rates. By converting to modern telecommunication infrastructure, MTN Nigeria strives to take-up the existing challenges of the telecommunications industry. As the sole provider of information and communication provider, MTN Nigeria is positioned as the best operator for client end-to-end communications.
Also read: MTN Cameroon, working with MTN